Monday, June 18, 2007

Entry 7: School Board Video

As well as being a special education teacher, I am also the broadcasting teacher in our building. What we do in the broadcasting class is broadcast the daily announcements live and also do a 15-20 minute Friday news magazine show. It is very time consuming, but I absolutely love it. We do everything using Adobe Premiere Pro and it never ceases to amaze me how quickly the students pick up on this high end video editing program. This year 4 of my broadcasting students took it upon themselves to do a school board video that was shown at a school board meeting to highlight our year. These students put in a lot of time and it really shows in the end. I was hesitant with their original plan, but in the end it came out really nice. I recently posted it on teacher tube and you can view it below. I will talk more about teacher tube at a later date.

No comments: