Sunday, December 2, 2007

Busy Month


It has been forever since I have last updated this blog, but things have completely changed in my life. Over Thanksgiving break I proposed to my girlfriend and we have been busy planning for our wedding on June 21st. It has been quite hectic, but a good kind of hectic. Well let me explain some things that have also been happening to me and some exciting blogs/websites I have been playing with:

- Let me start off by congratulating my good friend Eric Langhorst who was recently named Missouri Teacher Of The Year. What a great honor for a person who truly deserves it. Eric does amazing things with technology in his classroom and has been my mentor since we first met 6 years ago. If you have never had a chance check out his Speaking Of History blog and he has started a blog about what his experiences are like as the Missouri Teacher Of The Year.

- I will be presenting at two conferences in the near future. One of them is our district's annual conference called Empowering Excellence and the other is in St. Charles, Missouri (a suburb of St. Louis) at the Midwest Educational Technology Conference. The topic for both will deal with how technology can be used in the classroom to help special education students.

- My broadcasting class will be going to Jefferson City, Missouri at the end of January to show some of the Missouri state legislators and senators how we are using technology in our school. We did this last year and it is a great day where the students spend the day in the state capital and also get the chance to be recognized on the house floor. I am excited about this opportunity again.

Well I am hoping to keep this blog updated more now, so keep checking back and I'll fill you in on some more exciting things that are happening.

-

No comments: